Thursday, September 01, 2005

I remember...

Taking summer memories from Undr and childhood memories from Shipkicker, Im just going to blab away all the things I can remember. I loved staying out and playing late in the neighbourhood with my brother in the summer time...begging my mom for 5 more mins outside. On saturdays my dad would take my brother and me out while my mom was at school, we used to go to the fire hall and play hide and seek and we would eat combo burgers (hot dog and burger in one) and we would go for hot chocolate with whip cream. I remember my dad greasing up the wheels on my roller skates and me falling on the garage floor after my feet slipped out from under me. Also remember my friend wetting her pants in my garage while we were roller skating because she was too shy to ask to use the bathroom. I have great memories of dancing on my mom's hip to Madonna and Michael Jackson. I loved driving around in my parents "lowered" honda accord and singing to New Kids On the Block (I was obsessed). I will never forget when my brother told a boy I had a crush on that I wet the bed before. I hated him but stilled helped him home when he stepped on a rusty nail on the way home from school, thats what sisters are for. Me and my bro used to throw the dog poo and rotten apples over the fence rather than in the compost/garabage. Halloween was the most exciting night ever, I was a vampire for the longest time, then a firefigher (duh). I can remember my cabage patch premie doll and we had matching outfits. I remember breaking my wrist, two fingers and 11 stiches in three different place all before I was 12. My first french kiss, spin the bottle, truth or dare...having big crushes on boys but never worrying about sex or having my heart broken. In the summer we would hang out at Sendell Gardens and lay on the grass and talk or play survival hide and seek in the bushes. It was also one of the first places I ever got really drunk with friends I shouldnt have had. But somehow those friends led me to Anika so they surved their purpose. I remember how weekends were the best thing when we were in highschool, movies, parties and hockey games. I remember growing up too fast...thinking I knew it all and now realizing I dont, Im still learning and making memories.

4 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Johnny Canuck said...

Now you've got me thinking. I really enjoy this blog, I'll definitely pop around more often, keep it up!

Feel free to pay a visit to my immigration to Canada site. It might not be your "cup of tea", but it covers immigration to Canada related topics.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger shipkicker said...

your memories make me smile.... looking back maybe it hasnt been such a bad ride after all.....

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Underachiever said...

Thanks for sharing you memories. This post moved me.

Undr(I ain't crying, something in my eye, is all)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Jen-Nae said...

ahhh..thanks Shippy and Undr. Travelling memory road had been fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home